- Our Stories
- Resources + Organizations
Kabbalat Shabbat Services & Pride Shabbat Storytelling w/ Dinner
Friday, June 16, 6:30pm
Daven with us in person at Shalhevet (910 S Fairfax Ave) or on our website, Zoom, and YouTube. Afterwards, grab your friends for PRIDE storytelling and join us for our free kosher, pescetarian dinner (Click here to RSVP suggested $18) and hear from Steven Rubenstein, Josalynn Smith, Alicia Louzoun-Heisler, and MCed by Nico Losorelli at Shalhevet, our website, or YouTube.
Listen to the archive: YouTube
Every June, we turn our attention and love to the LGBTQ+ community at IKAR. For many years we have taken the opportunity during PRIDE month to stories from LGBTQ+ folks and their family members.
*for 20 years we’ve been sharing stories, but we started recording them in 2020*
– Blessings and Accountability: A LGBTQ+ Pride Reflection – Rabbi Ronit Tsadok
– Every Letter, Every Soul – Rabbi Morris Panitz
– Hag Pride Sameach – Rabbinic Intern Sammy Kanter
– Can’t You See? The Whole Community is Holy – Rabbi Sharon Brous
– #LoveWins – Rabbi Ronit Tsadok
– What It Takes To Discover Our True Selves – Rabbinic Intern Sammy Kanter
As we celebrate Pride Month and give thanks for the recognition of rights and increased freedom that the queer community has fought for and won, we also recognize the continued threats to the safety and well-being of LGBTQ+ people in our country, especially trans/non-binary/gender expansive people. We encourage you to learn, advocate and donate to ensure that all people in our country are treated with the dignity they deserve.
– Check out resources from Keshet: For LGBTQ equality in Jewish life.
– Oppose state anti-Trans & anti-LGBT legislation with the Human Rights Campaign.